Saturday, August 27, 2011

Runnin fool

I have been planning all week to run 12 miles today... So last night, I had nightmares all night that I had "forgotten to" or just ran out of time and that things just kept sabotaging my run! It was makin me so mad! So I could not wait to wake up and go. Well after waking up several times in the night- it was finally time to go- So I had my running belt complete- with the water bottles full, ipod with a new running list (thanks Sanood!), cell phone (in case of emergency), TP for just in case ;), 2 pieces of gum and a Gu pack.. I love running in the morning. I love being up and going and out on the road when it is still quiet, still cool , and everything just feels so fresh. It gives me time to think about all I have to be grateful for, time to think and really contemplate how wonderful life is- and what a blessing is is to be healthy. Running really is my happy place- it is the time that helps me reevaluate things in life-relieves all my stress and gives me a sense of peace. When I run- time seems to stand still.This time is so precious to me because when I get home- its go go go, bein busy with all the wonderful other blessings life has to offer.
In one week from now I will be racing in my 2nd half marathon this year- and I use the term racing lightly. For my first Half- I trained religiously for 4 straight months- and was totally and completely ready for it. This one- I cant say I am nearly as conditioned. I have been a total slack face ever since I was supposed to do my TRI. The hospital stay just kinda sucked my energy for some reason- and with that it sucked my drive to prepare for this run. I have been lucky to get one to two runs in a week- which are low mileage. I have not run more than 8 since my last half which was like 4 months ago.... But after today- I am not so worried, I feel accomplished and because it wasn't even difficult for me to run high mileage- where I feel like I want to die, or cry , or both- I will be just fine on this next Half. My awesome brother Spencer is running this one with me and it is going to be a ball. I seriously cannot wait.

2 comments:

  1. Alana, good luck on your next half! Which one are you doing? I just did the Top of Utah today. I will post about it when I get the photos from Kali's camera.

    I'm so glad you got a good run in. It really is a happy peaceful place when you go early in the morning. Good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Alana!! I will be thinking of you. So glad I was with you on our first. I know you and spence will do great! Wish I could be there to cheer you on.

    ReplyDelete