Thursday, February 7, 2013

My little monster

Hello friends, I am back from the dead. I have created a monster and I don't know what to do. Just kidding, I really do know what to do, I just really really dont want to do it. Gabe was such an easy baby. He was so easy becuase I read a ton of books, I started him on a strict schedule from literally day one. When I was pregnant with Lincoln I was so excited to just snuggle the crap out of him because I felt that Gabe just grew up way too fast and I didnt snuggle him as much as I should have. Turns out I forgot everything I read from baby number 1 and just decided to go for it with baby number 2. Snuggle snuggle away. Now 7 months later I have a hairy little chubby monster that sleeps next to my bed. He wakes up in the night to giggle, yell, babble or eat once and sometimes twice..... this mama needs 7-8 hours of uninterrupted zz's if she is going to be the least bit functional the next day. Now little hairy has to sleep in the closet for the next couple of days until he figures out how to soothe himself. Now, before you judge me, number 1 our closet is huge and his crib fits in there.... the clothes will help muffle the noise. Number 2, if you think crying it out is not for you- then its not. But get off your high horse in telling me i am wrong in my methods of helping my child learn a valuable skill. Gabe has been an amazing sleeper and it all stems from 2 nights of horror for me and what he has long forgotten- but took the valuable lesson for himself. Number 3,No i dont enjoy listening to my babies cry, but i thoroughly believe that a child should learn to self soothe without having to have a crutch, and I will do what it takes to help my child get there before memory sticks and therapy bills start rolling in. So judge me if you will, or wish me luck and a dose of sanity. Here goes to the first night of Cry It Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment