Friday, March 28, 2014

Gabe-isms

I figured it was about time i sit down and document some of the things that Gabe is up to these days. Because for real, the kid is a crack up. Not only does he listen to everything I say- but he repeats all the things I dont want him to say. So needless to say, I have had to tone down and think very carefully before I say anything. often times i will quickly type things he says into my phone so i dont forget, so here are a few of the things that come out of the little knuckle head's mouth.
some are from wuite a while ago. when he was still learning to talk, when he would want your attention and you werent giving it to him fast enough, he would say, "pocus mom, pocus!" Translation: focus!
If he wanted mom or dad to know that he was being a good boy he would say-"good aaaatude mom. good aaaatude."
Translation- Im being good mom, look Im having a good attitude!
Any time anyone something isnt quite right he will say, "oh dear"
Gabe looks up to his dad so much and wants to be just like him. At least a day I hear him say, "I'm big like dad" or " I have big muscles like dad" or " Im big and strong like dad, I can fix it." Any time he gets hurt or is having a hard time, he wants to call dad and talk to him at work, and just be reassured that dad loves him and that everything will be ok. It is so wonderful to see the relationship that those two have together. Gabe idolizes dad, and loves being thrown on the lovesac doing super man from behind the couch, doing helicopter, flips and airplanes from across the room onto the big cushion landing.
On the way home from church the other day, he took off his seatbelt, put his arm around me and gave me a side hug and said, "mom, youre gorgeous!" Another day I was making him lunch and he looks at me and says, "hows your day honey?" it made me giggle and just made my heart swell. This kid is so full of love and sweetness.
Before we moved Lincoln into a big boy bed in Gabes room, he would go in every morning to greet Link and say in the sweetest highest sing song voice he could utter,"good morning sweetheart! how did you sleep?" 
Dont be fooled tho, however sweet and kind this boy is, hes got some fire and spice.
On several occasions I have had to get after gabe for being naughty and he will reply with,"mom!, dont talk a me like that!"  ha ha ha apparently he has heard that a few times..... he knows he is not supposed to raise his voice to mom or dad, so naturally we shouldnt talk to him like that either eh? yeah he likes to think that he is the boss too..." mom- im the boss right?"  "no , gabey you are the kid and i am the boss" "oh. you the boss and im the kid"
Lately he has been loving "secrets" so he will come whisper in my ear, "i suggest..... its a beautiful day. or i like peanuts, or i suggest we ride 4 wheelers. or i suggest dad is at work. etc." he really cracks me up and it is so fun to watch how his little mind works.
He is a wonderful big brother and loves to play with lincoln. sometimes he doesnt realize his strength and gets a bit rough. but soon enough link will be able to hold his own. he is helpful, is great at reciting stories, singing primary songs, and has very good manners. He is always saying please, thank you, giving kisses, hugs and I love yous. Sometimes I wish I could stop this stage and keep him little forever, but I feel that way at every stage, it just keeps getting better. He loves to play outside on the tramp, ride his 4 wheeler, scooter, dig in the dirt and just be a boy. He is so excited to meet his little sister in a couple weeks, and thinks that he has a boy baby in his tummy and mom has a girl baby in hers. He likes to feel baby A move and tells me to put my hand on his tummy and feel his baby move. It will be so fun to see how he treats his little lady sister.









2 comments: