Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Latest

What we have been up to:
Last week my brother and sister in law got to take their dream vacation to Paris where Trent served his mission. How awesome would that be?! One day maybe Steve and I will be able to make it over to Japan. Anyway, They left their 2 boys home, So Steve and I volunteered to babysit for them for part of their trip. So between the grandparents and us, it was a very busy week. We got the boys for 3 days- which was a lot of fun, but man I was ready to hit the sack at 9 pm every night! Then on sunday we got news that Steves grandma was not doing so well, and ended up going to her funeral on friday. It was a very nice service, and was So fun to hear all the stories of the life she lived. It was also great to be able to spend lots of time getting to know and meet a lot of steve's relatives i still hadnt met.
Saturday we had our best friends Dal and Beck come over for some yummy dinner and played a little Wii Fit. The balance games on that thing are hilarious to watch! Just ask Beck.
Sunday we got to go to Trent and Cristi's and celebrate Benny's first birthday. He is such a cute little guy and am so glad we are so close to this sweet little family.
Yesterday- I spent the day making neighborhood goodies to give for Christmas which was fun.
All of our Christmas shopping is done and they are all wrapped, and all of our Christmas gifts have been given out to our neighborhood friends. the only thing i need to do now- is send out our dang Christmas Cards. they should come in tomorrow so i can hopefully get them out by thursday! BAH next year maybe i can be more on top of things in that department.
Steve and I are currently addicted to Prison Break. We are almost done with the first season and are sitting at the edge of our seats! Every time we start it- we have to watch another,another and another...and another. Then at some point we decide that one of us has to be responsible and we have to go to bed. Usually that person isnt me. I just get SO into it! Have you ever been into a season series like this? I tend to get into them fairly easy. ie- lost. 24, gilmore girls, biggest loser now prison break! ah sometimes i wish i had a life so i could use that as an excuse to say im not addicted to tv series. oh well. who cares. but let me just tell you- i wont watch them on tv, i would die. so i wait for them to come out on dvd or netflix instant view ;) love love love it!
Anyway- Time is flying by! Seriously yesterday Gabe was 3 months old...i blinked and 4 and 5 months were gone. In a week and a half he will be 6 months old!!!! I cant even believe it. He is so much fun to be with- and lights up the room. He loves to play the tickle game and will laugh even before you touch him. He is loving to eat rice cereal, sweet potatoes and squash. Grampa Hale keeps trying to get him started on his favorites: cheese, diet coke and sausage or pepperoni. but i think those will have to come later... the diet coke- WAY later. I'm kind of a nazi about letting him eat things too early. Anyway- he is loving to play with his toes, loves practicing sitting up, Loves to snuggle in bed with mommy in the mornings, and daddy on the weekends. He makes us so incredibly happy. Sometimes I worry that he isnt doing things as fast as other babies his age- but i have learned not stress out about it. he will get things - honestly who cares if he doesnt learn to crawl or start walking exactly when other babies do. it doesnt say anything about his intelligence when he starts doing things that other babies may or may not be doing. I am so grateful for this little man. He is so good to me- i am so grateful he sleeps 13 hours every night, grateful he still will snuggle with me, grateful he is so happy,grateful he is mine, and grateful i am here to be able to raise him and enjoy his sweetness.
Here are a few pictures of my little G

He doesnt agree with his shirt. and doesnt think its funny either.

The other night I walked in his room to kiss him before I went to sleep and found him like this

and this


I made this aviation beanie for him the other night- and somehow I'm thinkin aviation will not be in the cards for him when he gets older. actually he is just terrified that this hat makes him look like he has girl bangs- i love to get pictures of him smiling, but i think later in his life he will look back at these pictures of his sad face and just giggle cuz he is just so stinkin cute.

4 comments:

  1. Ah, you guys are so awesome! I can't believe you already have all your Christmas shopping done, I still haven't even wrapped a single present! I LOVE that you guys are watching Prison Break, isn't it AWESOME! The first season is definitely the best of them all. Anyway, the little Gabester is cute as ever as always. Can't wait for our weekend of fun so I can steal him away some more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Smokes! How did THAT happen?? I cannot believe he is 6 months old! So I won't. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so on the ball for Christmas! And Gabe looks like one adoreable teenager in the first picture! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha your posts make me pee my pants. and that pic of gabe in that shirt is priceless.

    ReplyDelete