Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Costco

I can't believe that I am posting this before everything else. I am so behind ( no pun intended)and have much to catch up on. But it literally just happened to me and I had to document it. It's been a while since I have posted my amazingly embarrassing moments, and don't think it's cuz they haven't been happening. :)
Alright. Here goes. I love to be in charge of planning menus for my families vacations, I love to make lists and organize everything right down to the salt and pepper. Well my little brother Mason man is about to head off on a wonderful adventure for the next two years. Some people like to call it a mission. He will be in Guadalajara Mexico, and so my family has decided to have one last hoorah and go to bear lake for the weekend. My Linda mom found an awesome cabin for all 24 of us to stay at, and I volunteered to take over meal planing. So I am at Costco today picking up the supplies and such. And there it happened, I was debating on getting 4 or 6 gallons of milk for the weekend,when I squatted down ( to lift with my legs of course) to pick up the milk, I felt and heard a little (or not so little- you decide) rip. I shot up as fast as my pregnant belly and legs would allow and there she was. Staring everyone in the dairy section of Costco in the face. My big ol booty hangin out of my shorts. Nice. It's a good thing holey clothing is in style right? Wrong. As I tried navigating the overflowing cart and scooting around the aisles with my back to anything that was waist high or taller, i made it to the clothing section.Not noticeable right? Wrong. After what seemed like a mile long stretch I reached the only thing I could find to wrap around my waist- an old lady sweater. Sweet. And then continued down my shopping list After completely overflowing my cart, a woman serving sweet potato fry taste testers asked me what was hanging off my sweater, I turned around and showed her, I thought I was doomed. I sheepishly replied-" its a tag, I haven't bought this sweater yet, ( and then I whispered)I totally ripped my pants". She smiled a little and as I walked away,(thinking I was out of earshot) she got on her walkie and told management to keep an eye out so this sweater didn't go walking on out of here. Just kidding. She just chuckled and told me what a poor little dear I was. But still awesome, right? I wasn't fooling anybody. Well, as I finished my transaction at the register and realized I still had the sweater around my waist, ah freak. I still had to walk my cart out of the store,and to my car with this gaper trailing behind me, Cuz there is no way I am paying 26.99 for an old lady sweater I'm never going to wear, So I took it off, left it on the side of the register (act like you've never changed your mind last minute and left something "hiding" at the register or nearby) and scooted nonchalantly out the door and to my car. I got home and decided this needed to be documented. So naturally I took a picture. Tell me. Do you think anyone at Costco noticed this?

3 comments:

  1. Oh no, that is awful!! I'm glad you walked out of there with pride, booty hanging out and all:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny! That is a pretty good tear...but on the upside, I don't think ANYBODY would ever tell that you are pregnant. You jerk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was hilarious. loved the story- thanks for writing it so well that I got a good, hearty laugh!

    ReplyDelete