Thursday was a rather eventful day, I was babysitting a friends little girl Danika, who is the same age as Gabe. I have no idea what happened to my sweet little Gabe that I know and see everyday. This child had horns, and red eyes I tell ya. He was hitting, not sharing, chucking toys at her, kicking her, you name it- just being a dang punk... what the heck? This was NOT my little angel, he was a hellion! I was getting so frustrated and couldn't understand why he was acting the way that he was. Well, when Daddy came home from work ( our favorite time of day ) Gman was being tossed into the pillows on our bed, and getting all riled up. I was getting ready to go to activity days which I was in charge of this week and had everything all packed to go. I went in and watched as G sailed through the air and giggled his little heart out. When all the sudden a little bewildered he got up too fast and fell right into the window sill. This kid can take a pretty mean knock to the ol melon (just check out his perma bruise) but this time his cry was a bit different. Steve turned him over and his face was bleeding. Ah nuts, I started to panic a little but surprisingly did very well and kept my cool. After a few minutes of me panicking about what to do with the activity days, I called my mom, my sweet aunt and a lady in my ward and it was all taken care of. We drove to the Insta care where they told us since the cut was so deep in the muscle and so close to his eyeball that we needed to just take him up to Primary Childrens Hospital. G is such a dang champ, he had stopped crying the moment we left our house, and was as pleasant as could be throughout the entire visit. They doctors gave him some Versed, which made him loopy and hilarious. He was stitched up and just the sweetest thing ever. I felt so bad that I had been so frustrated with him earlier because in a moment of trauma- he was indeed a little angel. I love this little monkey who was jumpin on the bed and fell off and bonked his head. Im sure he will still jump on the bed, and that there will be more visits to the ER throughout his life, but I am so grateful for insurance and for a sweet little kid who is just freakin awesome.
glad he was ok! he is quite the stud. I swear I've only heard him cry like twice... ever! haha. well maybe a few more times than that... but still. :)
ReplyDelete