Ok so I am on a roll! I think I will try and keep it to a once a month type deal and if you're lucky- maybe more than one in a month. But for now, lets not get ahead of ourselves shall we- we shall stick with one. Ok so March has been a little nuts. Things in the Nelson world have been moving a million miles a minute and we are just trying to stay afloat. Life is good and things are going great, don't get me wrong, but it will be nice when things start to slow down a bit ( I'm not forecasting any such thing for about another 18 or so years- so maybe I should buckle up). Well, My little sister Laura got married February 22, to the sweetest guy and we just love little Mikey- all 6'2 of his "little"ness. Shawna my other little sister is in the Dental Hygiene program at UVU and gave Gabe his first teeth cleaning.... it was an....experience. I also got to get my teeth cleaned- what a glorious feeling that is, and the even better feeling was walking out knowing I had zero cavities!
The weather has been a little frightful up until the last few days so we have been rather sick of the cabin fever, so any chance we get we go to grandma and grandpas (one of the 3 we have in the 3 mile radius) and run laps and jump off the landing 100 times (Gma and Gpa Stouts), Play with toys and get loaded up on candy (Gma and Gpa Hales) or play with toys and watch Baby boost (Gma and Gpa Nelsons). It has been great. Lincoln is growing so fast, still no crawling, still having issues with being consistent on sleeping through the night without having to be fed, but is sleeping from 6pm-7am- with/without being fed.... I will take it! He is now big enough and sturdy enough to take baths with Gabe- and that is a fun time. Gabe loves it- and Link- sort of loves it.... Gabe is not the quietest child you will ever meet, so bathtime in the echoey tub is a total party. Link is a little more mellow but still enjoys his bath time, even if it means getting his ears pummeled with sound and being splashed and knocked over a time or two. But seriously - I love watching these two together. The older :Lincoln gets, the more fun they have together. Soon enough they will be wrestling each other and Link wont just be getting laid on.
Steve and I have been very busy -I have been training for races and we have been planning, getting our finances together and figuring things out, because we just bought our very first house! With interest rates at an all time low, and finding a short sale that our offer was accepted, we decided this is where we are supposed to be! We are so excited and should be closing on the house around the end of next week! More to come on that later. It is a big enough deal that it deserves its own post :)
here are lots of pics of the latest happenings of our life here in the fast lane.I made some homemade butter because I am so domesticated.









is that gabe with maggie?! haha! so adorable! :)
ReplyDeleteso cute!! I love the picture of them at costco :) p.s. Mike is 6' 4" haha
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the house!! That is so exciting and I can't wait to see pictures!
ReplyDeleteI loved catching up on your blog. Congrats on the little sis gettin married and the house, and I loved your post on the stain free everything! so funny. Your boys look exactly like Steve with a lot of you in there somehow... crazy.
ReplyDelete