Monday, April 25, 2011

Excited

Thoughts:
This is how I am feeling.  I have been training since january to be able to acheive 3 of my new years resolutions. Sadly, this is the first time in a long time that I have made a new years resolution that I have actually stuck to. But to be honest- I feel great, and it feels so awesome to feel like I have acheived something. I love to run, and have not been physically able to for what seems like an eternity. Now that I can- I just am so grateful for a body that functions properly again. I am running 13.1 miles on Saturday in one of my favorite places - H town. I am so so so excited. A little tiny nervous for the 1.46 mile crazy hill that has been named "throw up hill", but mostly excited to accomplish this. To some- a half marathon isn't a whole huge deal, but to me- it kinda is. And I am excited.  I have been logging my mileage since I started training (minus 2 weeks in the beginning because I didn't think to until after) and I have ran a whole lot..... More than the training has said to. I think sometimes I get nervous that I won't make it, so I overcompensate to make darn sure that I will. Anyway- I will give all the stats when I post about the Half. I'll just tell ya tho- training has been over 260 miles.  :) thats almost the entire way to Hurricane! Anyway- it has been a lot of time and dedication. I will keep running after the race because I love it so much, but I don't want it to be such a burden of time away from my lil guy, and having to have other people watch him. Well, sorta random again. But I suppose you are used to it if you are still reading my posts.....

3 comments:

  1. Good luck! Can't wait to hear how it goes. And a half marathon IS a huge deal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW found out the real name of the hill from the runners NEMESIS hahahhahaha it earns its name doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A half marathon IS A BIG DEAL! Way to go Alana, that is a huge accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete