Don't judge me alright. There is a perfectly good explanation for this okay?
I have a $15 dollar tube of toothpaste.... do you? Probably not.
Alright- so- I went to the dentist for the first time in over a year, probably partially due to the lack of a certain type of insurance. Thanks to having dental insurance now- I called up the ol' tooth doc and scheduled an appointment. In hind sight- I wish I wouldn't've. They so graciously informed that I have 10. yes 10 cavities. Its not my fault all right?! Only 2 tiny baby sized ones were needing to be filled at the present time, however the remaining 8 could stand to wait, if I use this prescription strength toothpaste (the $15 dollar tube I told you about a second ago) every night, then perhaps they would not need to be filled at all! fist pump. Rewind to FOREVER AND ALWAYS before I went to the dentist- I am an avid flosser, and brusher and haven't had much in regards to sugar this year. 10 Cavities?!?! How is that even possible? That is like one in every tooth almost or every other one at least! ( I have no idea how many teeth the human adult has-(quit yer judgin)) but that does sure seem like a lot. So I asked the Dentist - "How is that even possible ?" and we narrowed it down to the fact that I was on osteoporosis medication when I was on Chemo, for several months to preserve my bones- and since teeth are made of bones- my lack of calcium from the effects of Chemo and the need for a supplement (which apparently did NOT do the trick- darn that boniva) is what likely could have caused the deterioration in my mouth. That is where the magical expensive toothpaste comes in to play :) I should not have to get the other minute baby itty bitty teensy weensy devils drilled and filled. The glorious vanilla mint tasting stuff should help rebuild the calcium that was once lost. Keep yer fingers crossed for me would ya? Thanks
That's awesome about the toothpaste! That's a heck of a lot cheaper than paying for 10 fillings (even with insurance!). Cavities suck! Good luck! :)
ReplyDelete10!! I bet you just about had a heart attack when he told you that! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for your miracle toothpaste!
ReplyDeleteUgh. I need to go to the dentist.
ReplyDeleteThat's ok...Last time Jordan went he had 6 and had no excuse!!!
ReplyDelete