This is what you look like after running in the mud, hurtling over hay bales 8 feet high (stacked of course. have you ever seen an 8 foot tall single hay bale?), trudging through a 1/4 mile swamp, scaling military walls, jumping through 300 yards of tires, sliding down crazy ravines, climbing through tubes and carrying around 10 pounds of mud in your shoes for 6.2 miles. I think I was more exhausted after this race than either of the Half Marathons I have done. With mud up to my ankles a lot of the time- it felt like I was toddling along with ankle weights on. Not to mention the hurling myself over the walls of death- I have definitely lost a ton of my upper body strength- I blame it on the Chemo... but lets be honest- I reallly haven't been lifting weights regularly unless you consider G a weight. Sure he weighs a hefty.... lets just say- a bag of flour. But I dont go around doing reps with him by any means. So pooped was I. Also freezing, being late september and on the wasatch back - twas a bit nippy to start with, combine that with mud, snow makers to create the mud, and ice cold showers at the end to clean off- I was slowly becoming a popsicle.
I think it was pretty freakin awesome. Don't mind baldy Mr.6 pack dude in the background. I really wasn't meaning to wink for him.... I just couldn't see since there was mud in my eye and the sun shining in my face. what. I promise.
My sweet awesome little sisters Shawna and Laura knew that I didn't have any money left for races this year, and they knew I wanted to race in the Dirty Dash. So for an early birthday present they got me a race spot. So thoughtful right?! Love them. Shawna wasnt able to join us this time because she was on a business trip in sunny Florida, but Boo did. And boy we got dirty- and boy did we have a total blast. We had our own little cheering section waiting for us at the end. It really meant a lot. Too bad Amanda wouldn't actually let us touch her, so she could get in on the action. Gabe didnt even let me touch him either. I think he was mad at me or something.
No comments:
Post a Comment