Meet the newest addition to the Nelson bunch, Lincoln Richard Nelson. This little mug was born on July 5, 2012 at 12:36 pm. Thursday morning I woke up and showered, curled my hair, put on makeup while Steve did the last vacuum job before our family went from 3 to 4. ( I happen to be a little OCD when it comes to having a clean house when I leave so that when I come back I don't have to stress out about cleaning). We walked G money next door to play with Grandma for the day while we went in for a scheduled C-section. Seriously people, I don't know why you wouldn't do it any other way. This is the way to have a baby. For reals. It was so nice to know when and where I would be at exactly what time my baby was going to be arriving. The only thing that I would have changed would to make it a little earlier than noon. Normally, (when Im not pregnant) skipping breakfast is not a big deal but for some reason, being fully large and in charge preganente I was not doin so hot with the whole empty stomach bit. By the time they gave me the spinal block at 12:10 I was about ready to shoot someone. In the face. Right then and there. Uh seriously? who gets that livid about having missed a meal? oh yeah- I forgot- I was 9 months pregnant in all my hormonal glory. Sweet. So anyway- that was the only thing that I would have changed, next time I think I will ask for like a 9 am or an 8 am C section :) Well I asked the nurses and doctors in the OR if I could watch the surgery take place and they willingly obliged-so they put a mirror up and I was able to watch the whole thing go down. It was pretty awesome. Call my psycho or whatever- but that kind of stuff intrigues me and I wanted to see it done. Pretty amazing stuff is what it is, I am so grateful for modern technology and for modern medicine. If it weren't for that- I would be a dead pioneer on the side of the dusty dirt road. I got to see the little man right away and when they had me all bandaged up and ready to go, I got to hold my sweet little Link all the way to the room. The Orderlys who drove my bed to the 2nd floor must have had too much red bull or a couple of 5 hour energy shots prior to their shifts because they were nuts! I even called them crazy drivers- I am surprised we didn't hit anything or squeal the wheels. I was so sick by the time we got upstairs I threw up a good 3 times. Ick. Sorry for that- but seriously- I was not a happy 9 months not so pregnant but still crazy hormonal lady at that point. After we got settled in the room and it was done spinning, plenty of family showed up to greet the new little mr. and everything from there on out is kind of a blur. Oh wait- the anesthesia wore off and I was crazy itchy- like mad itchy. They gave me some benedryl but all that did was make me super sleepy and itchy. I think I must have itched my face for the next 15 hours straight which caused a reaction. A bad reaction and for the next week I had the worst cold sore outbreak of my entire existence. No bueno. Note for next time- ask for something stronger than benedryl, and try not to itch the face. Here are a few little pics of that blessed day. This one is the last time we were a family of 3
Stevo and Mr Lincoln






No comments:
Post a Comment