Oh hey. You're still reading this thing? Well here is a little update I spose.
Well after much fasting and prayer, we have come to a conclusion - with a plan
this plan you might ask?After weighing all the pros and cons and all of our options and everything in between- we have decided to move back up to salt lake so
that Stevey can finish school, in a timely manner. Yes he will still be going to school in good ol UT county, but this will allow for me to go back to work and mi madres will help to take care of the babes. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared, a little sad, a lot nervous, a bit prideful, yet also a little excited. April can't come soon enough, when I make a decision- I like to move on it- so this waiting game is giving me anxiety. But this time also allows for us to get everything organized and packed up. It allows for time to cope with change and be able to adjust to the thought of everything that will happen. Contrary to how this post may seem, I am excited. It will be so nice and wonderful to
-not have to trek up to SLC every weekend
-to have family so close
-to have Steve be in school full time until he is done
-to live rent free for a while
-to be able to know the area and have all my running routes back
-to be close to my canyons
-to be able to make money and contribute again
however it will be sad
-to leave this wonderful condo we call home
-to not have my own little garden
-to not decorate and paint all the walls I can
-to have to pack up all our belongings and put them in storage
-to not be able to cook with my new pots and pans (they truly are amazing)
-to leave the few friends we have made down here
-to not be able to have my two college sissies come over to do laundry and have dinner every week or so
-not have a sense of independence anymore
-to have to leave little G for a few days a week(call me a sissy- but I am not looking forward to this- I will have a rough time and probably be a big boob every day I have to leave)
I hate to admit this- but I am a pretty prideful person- and I hate feeling like an imposition. As much as my wonderful and sweet in-laws say that it is no big deal, that it wont be imposing at all, etc. I know it will be. How can going from a 2 person household to a 5 person household not be? I'm sure they will be making lots of adjustments for us, and for that I am truly grateful. But I will still feel bad. Feel like somewhat of a nuisance, or just plain in the way. All in all I know that this is the right decision for us and that we will be blessed for following the spirit. I am grateful for their willingness to help us in our decisions and am even more grateful for opening up their home to us. Well- I think that is really all I have to say for now
YES i am still reading this thing!!! and i LOVe reading this thing! :) good luck with your guys move to slc..in april...i am sure you will love it! whenever you follow the spirit, things are always better. say hi to all the family out there for me! we sure miss you guys!!!
ReplyDeleteThe wonderful is that the both of us really do have the best in-laws in the world! I'm completely positive that they mean it when they say they'll be happy to have you guys! I'm glad Steve will be able to finish school faster and everything, just remember, it'll go by quickly and you'll have your full independence back soon!
ReplyDeleteOH man, that is a hard decision, but you know what? I think it's probably going to be really helpful in the long run. Freakin' school suuuucks so bad. I'm glad Steve's just going to get it out of the way! That'll be nice to have your moms take care of your lil' guy so you can work. Good luck, my dear. I'm sure it'll be a HUGE adjustment, but hopefully a great big blessing in the making.
ReplyDeleteOk, I'm not even going to pretend to be happy about you moving... I DONT LIKE IT ONE BIT! We L.O.V.E. you guys and my heart breaks a little just thinking that April is only a few months away. and I KNOW you have made MANY friends down here who feel the same way!
ReplyDeletePS- Tell your sisters they are always welcomed to Washer and Dryer :)