Thursday, January 6, 2011

Oh my

So I'm not sure how many of you are dedicated readers to this fairly new blog- but if you remember this post (and look at the 2nd picture down)you'll know that my house is usually stinkin freezing mainly because we are students and therefore very very .... VERY poor. So we usually keep our house as cold as we can stand it. But since the babes has come we try to keep it at about 64.... somehow we are paying up the hind quarters to keep it that warm. I am thoroughly convinced that our thermostat is on the fritz, and just about to bite the dust. I really dont believe it is 64 degrees here- it kinda feels like there is an arctic blast shooting from the return air vent, and when on the main floor- G and I dont set foot down there without hoodies, hats and slippers.....in addition to of course other warm clothing. Steve and I wont even watch movies downstairs on our nice tv anymore cuz its just too stinkin cold. We have moved the wii upstairs and watch prison break in bed- so we dont freeze our tootsies off. Anyway- on to the point of this blog. Today I decided to Martha Stewart it. I made some cinnamon rolls- thanks to some inspiration from a facebook status from a dear friend saying she was making her first batch of scratch cinnamon rolls. It sparked an interest to my tastebuds. Dont worry- it only took 5 hours to get them to rise while sitting ON the heater vent in G's room (the warmest room in the house) but let me tell you- they aint that pretty- but boy are they dang delicious. Now that I know that I can make them- without butchering them, I can work on making them more presentable and easy on the eyes :)


um the frosting is awesome. i maybe licked the beaters. and the the bowl out. and a couple of finger fulls.
oh my dang delicious.

2 comments:

  1. Post the recipe--looks super delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are interested in trying another recipe, I was taught how to make the most delicious cinnamon rolls, from a cooking teacher, that I have ever had. They take a lot of time, but are well worth it. Let me know if you would like to try them! PS I don't think those look butchered I think they look super yummy in my tummy!!

    ReplyDelete