So every year I make the same resolutions... seriously-how boring is that? Well this year I decided to not make a mile long list of things im "going" to do- because lets be honest... by the time march hits- I've forgotten about every single one of them. So this year I have chosen to focus on 2 spiritual goals and 2 other ones.
Numba one-I am going to fast every fast sunday this year (to be clear - I haven't been able to fast in almost 2 years because of medical and medication reasons) Fast sunday this year was on our anniversary- we decided to start out with a bang- and can I just tell you- I know this is kinda bad- but I never really have had a hugely strong testimony of fasting- until now. What an amazing thing it is. Anyway-I saved the rest of this "journal entry" in my journal-so you dont have to read all the little tiny nitty gritty details.
The 2nd Spiritual Goal is to read my scriptures more- and with real intent. Sometimes I just read just to say I have done it.... But that really isnt the point- I need to read for purpose.....
Next up- I am running a half marathon. Don't laugh... I love to run- and havent been able to in a long time- so now is the time! Carpe diem is what I say. I seriously cant wait See ya at the finish line.
numero dos- Listen up everyone... I have an announcement -I have quit smoking- just kiddding-I never smoked in the first place. I have quit candy. If you know me- I'm disgusting. I seriously have -well had, a problem. Obssession if you will. I LOVE candy. The first step to recovery is admittance- as you can see I have already done that. I've made it through the withdrawls stage. And I am well on my way to a be able to say that I am a recovering addict. It has been 8 days (laugh all you want) since I started this venture- and it actually has been way easier than I thought it would be. I think the longer I go without it- the easier it gets!
Hopefully since I have not overbooked my planner with plans and goals and such- I will be able to keep these fresh on my mind all the time and in time accomplish them. See ya later March- Im gunna make it a lot longer than that! (i hope) :) I'll keep ya posted on all of my goals each month. maybe if i remember :)
Those are great resolutions! :) A half marathon?! holy cow! I could never do that! good luck! :)
ReplyDeleteI share your love of candy. Joe tells me I am going to get diabetes! I did go 3 years without chocolate once, but I have never been able to give up the candy. I know you can do it!
ReplyDeleteYou're smart to keep them simple and achievable! Good luck with the candy one though! (I could proabably do without candy, but the cookies and brownies would do me in!)
ReplyDeletegood for you alana! and by the way "G" is absolutely adorable. I think he looks EXACTLY like Steve. such a cute family.
ReplyDelete