Yesterday I ran 6 miles in 61 minutes. No stopping or speed walking intervals. I got home and felt great but when it was time to go to bed- for some reason I had restless legs so it took me a bit to fall asleep (good thing i got into bed at 930) which usually never happens. I had a few aches in my back and in my left foot, so I wasnt sure if it would be a good idea to run today or not. I surely didn't want to risk some sort of strain or minor injury but right now I have a great mindset of determination so not much will hold me back. So this morning I got up - and I ran the whole 5 miles in 51:38 ( a little slower than my pace yesterday)- but I still feel great! I think I am really on to something here. Here it is february and I am still working on my new years resolutions! They haven't been blown to the wind and completely forgotten about. I think it has definitely helped that I have something to work toward and not just some obscure goal that may or may not happen. Also that I have someone to motivate me and to not give up- Susie, my cousin and I will be running our first half marathon at the end of April. I am way grateful for the motivation she has been to me to not be afraid and just do it in april (I was wanting to slack and just do one in June which gave me more time to train) but now I know that I can push myself to do it. One thing I havent really set tho is how long I will do the no candy rule. It really is a lot easier for me now the longer that I go without. I know that I will at least do it til both of my half marathons are over- so that is at least 6 and a half months- and if I make it that long- why not make it a year? Well lets be realistic here shall we? I am just going to take it day by day. I dont want to get too ahead of myself- cuz lets be honest- I'm not that awesome- to NEVER eat candy again? Who does that. But when the time comes and I decide to try it again- it will definitely be in extreme moderation. is that an oxymoron?
As for the not eating after 8- I think that will be a lifer- I feel so much better when I am not stuffing my face after 8 and overall it is just a better way for me to be healthy- so why not just keep going with that one.
you're doing awesome on your running girl! keep it up!
ReplyDeleteyou are my hero. i wish i could do what you are doing! keep it up! love you
ReplyDeleteYou are my hero too! I have no motivation to be so healthy and run! Your doing amazing and im excited for you and your half marathon!!!! Love you and miss you!
ReplyDelete