Friday, February 25, 2011

Welcome to my house


3 bedroom wonderfulness made complete with a king size bed, my bb boy sleepin in his crib, and the 10 dollar yard sale find painting in the brown room I JUST painted


my green laundry room and cute little bathroom

bathroom and my family room


my red kitchen, and my hair "do"ing corner

Right now I am listening to sad sappy music by my favorite country artists, thinking about how much I do and don't want the next two months to fly by. Really I should be grateful that I have lots to look forward to like a half marathon, playing volleyball again on a rec team, going to my favorite place on earth (aka hurricane), playing with my baby boy, moving(feelings are still undecided and mixed) etc.
On tuesday our realtor came to the place I call home. It is for real now. He took pictures, and even pounded in the sign on a post outside. We are for real moving. I already posted about this like a month or two ago, but I guess it hasnt really sunk in until just recently. Part of me is really really excited to be closer to family, but I think a bigger part of me is sad to be leaving my home, and my wonderful friends down here. I've never really quite experienced anything like this. It was always different when I moved away for college and stuff. This- this feels way different. hard. I decided to take pictures of my home so I can remember what it was like to have my own stuff, just the way I like it. So that I can always remember the very first place I could call my own, the place I could call "my home". So for now I guess, I can say goodbye for now to all my stuff, hope you stay nice in a little ol storage unit for the next year and a half. In a way it can be a good thing, when we open it all up and are ready to move- it will be like Christmas- I get all my treasures back again, and get to take it to a new place I will call my own. My home.

6 comments:

  1. A lot of our stuff has been in a storage unit for 7 years now. It's gonna be like crazy Christmas when we open that baby up next week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Alana it breaks my heart you guys are really movin, I don't like it not one little bit. We need to definitely do a bunch more game nights before you guys leave us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new layout in the kitchen, it's so spacey! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alana, I am sorry. It is hard to move, hard to leave what you have worked so hard for. We have moved a lot, but there have been a couple times that it has been REALLY hard. Like when we left Orem, and had to leave an awesome mural that my mom painted in Scouter's room- so sad! Change is hard, but it is true that good things come from it. It is also great to know that Heavenly Father is aware of how you're feeling, and will help you and your cute family get through the next little while. Good luck. Now... stop listening to sad music, and go eat some icecream. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I have your house, I will like it just is much as you do! JK, but it is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your house is super cute! I love your main picture on your blog!

    ReplyDelete