Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Haps

Well, it sure seems like I have put on the brakes for this blogging deal. What can I say, I am a slacker. A lot has happened in this fine month of February. We moved and are adjusting to living by ourselves once again. Don't get me wrong, it is wonderful and everything, but its kinda weird. I feel like I am starting all over again and have to learn what to do with my days, how to do everything again. I don't know why it is such a weird transition, its not like I didn't do all the same things when we lived with Steve's parents, but for some reason, I feel like I actually have to be a grown up. Living with my wonderful in laws enabled us in a lot of ways. For one, We were able to do a lot of things once G man went to bed, If R and J were home, then we would just turn on the baby monitor and be on our way- This was a major blessing.We were able to always have company... Someone to hang out with other than each other. Gabe loved this, because when he got sick of me- he could go chill on Grandpas lap and he would give him fruit snacks and let him watch his favorite shows, Or he could go hang out with Grandma and play with her Ipad- yeah way cooler than me.  Life here is going to be great, I just know it. I am so grateful we have a wonderful house to live in and have our autonomy back again. It is SO nice to have space to be spread out a little more, to have all of our furniture, own stuff out of the musty ol storage unit. My favorite favorite thing that came out of this was my own kitchen.... I love all my stuff! It was like Christmas getting my dishes, my pots and pans back again... I love it.
Any who, this month we also bought a "new" to us car. We sold this little guy
 (now Steve wont be mistaken for a molester while driving... Tell me this doesn't look like a molester truck.)
 and replaced him with this baby

 We love love love it. When I was 18 I bought a 4runner and promptly rolled it a month later when I fell asleep at the wheel. Since then, I have mourned the loss of the beautiful thing, and hoped that some day another one would enter my life. Well, that day came and it is wonderful and we like I mentioned before- love love love it. Hood scoop, roll down back window, sunroof, heated leather seats and all.

1 comment:

  1. i didn't realize that it was YOUR car when i saw you guys moving! it is beautiful! congrats!

    ReplyDelete