Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Pa-reg-nancy

17 weeks along- folks- these types of posts really are just for documentations sake since I stopped journaling literally the day I started this blog. And I like to remember this kinda stuff.
So, about a month and a half ago I had an epiphany, a "very strong feeling", mothers intuition if you will, that bb nĂºmero dos was to be a little lady. Although my hopes were to have either , it really didn't matter to me, but I thought for sure this one was of the female gender. So with this mothers intuition of mine-we had already picked her out a name, I had chosen colors for her adorable nursery and began looking at clothes
And getting all excited. Last week I was at my Drs. appointment and asked the dr if we could just take a quick peek to confirm my motherly intuitions. Being the awesome guy that he is, he did take a looksy and there it was, all my high and mighty thoughts of being able to predict and sense my baby were dashed to the wind, with just one little extra part. Well I guess I will be putting on hold pursuing my dream of becoming Madame Alana and telling you all what your futures are.
Other than my idea of motherly instincts being crushed, my excitement of having another sweet little man to pal around with soared. I was so giggly and excited. I actually couldn't stop laughing at the office because I was way off, but so ecstatic that G money is gunna have a little brother to rough and tumble with! So needless to say we are just delighted to not only be adding to our family, but to be having another little man around. I am getting outnumbered rather quickly here so hopefully a girly will be in our future at some point.
This pregnancy has been different than with the first, especially for the first trimester. I was able to work up until the day G was delivered. And felt awesome most the time. This go-around I feel like I have a mood disorder called bi-polar- my switch gets flipped like you couldnt believe. Normally i am a pretty easy going person, but nooooo not this time. I haven't been able to eat a whole lot cuz everything just sounds icky. I have had a pretty decent amount of nausea, headaches, and weightloss. which believe you me for me is not normal- I so much as smell something delicious and i put on a solid 10 pounds. I have rounded the corner and am well into my 2nd trimester and by well into- I mean a full 3 weeks :) I thought things would get a little better, which for the most part they are but there are a few things I'm still lacking-like a brain, the desire to do anything but sleep during G's naps, and other stuff I'm sure but I can't think of it right now cuz a
A- its nap time and B- I dont have a brain remember!? Anyway purely for documentations sake here is a belly pic at 16 weeks taken last week

3 comments:

  1. congratulations you guys!! two boys are soooo much fun!!gabe will love having someone to wrestle with, i know wyatt does!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow! You are getting tiny. Wrong direction!! That same thing happened to me though with my first baby. I had no problem gaining with the next three babies though. Your belly bump is cute though and I'm sure it will continue to grow. And....you're still running?? Good girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SKINNY MINI!!! Thanks for you comment on Jackson! Your little guy is getting so big too!!! He looks so much like Steve. What a cute little family. Congrats on number 2! Kids are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete