2 things in life I have a hard time coping with- chewing noises and messiness.
First off- Have you ever had a roommate that leaves their stuff all over the place? All through my life I have been somewhat of a clean freak. And all my life I have had roommates that are messy or did things that would really get on my nerves. But seriously- who has the perfect roommates? So 5 seconds ago when I said I was a bit of a clean freak- lets just say, that was really somewhat of an understatement. I'm a little on the neurotic side of things. It all started when I had to share a room with my little sister, shawna- who was totally care free and happy go lucky, and silly things like clothes on the floor, or wrappers on the desk( when the garbage can was right next to it) really didn't seem to phase her or stress her out the way it did me. Seriously- how does one develop these sorts of idiosyncrasies? Well somehow I got lucky and drew that short straw.
As I got older I tried to bridle my passions and not let my hatred for messes affect the way I reacted to people. Tried- keyword.So when I entered the world of roommates I was blessed with roommates who were completely opposite of me and could care less if something was not in it's correct and proper place. This is where I came down with pretty hairy case of passive aggression. Things would get to me like never before and I would just fume and fume. I swore up and down I wouldn't clean up after them and that they should do it themselves. The sink full of their dishes SHOULD be done by them!!! I would wait and wait and wait until finally I would break and just become so frustrated I would just do it myself. I couldnt stand living in that kinda Filth any longer.
Well a couple years later I caught a break and got the best roommate ever- my sister Amanda- she is pretty much a clone of me only 3 years older a tad funnier and a lot prettier Than I am. So I guess clone is not the right word- but we pretty much have the same brain- think,talk and laugh the same- so that counts for something right? Well she has the same pet peeves as me only a titch more neurotic than :) cha Ching. Living with her was so easy because she made me look like the slob which was kinda nice for once. Anyway we only got to live with each other for some months. But it was glorious.
It's funny I look back and see what a crazy I am about keeping a tidy and clean dwelling, but whatever. So anyway. I was walking through my house today and laughing because now that I am a mother of a very busy toddler- I cant have even an ounce of passive aggression, like I did with a little sister, or with crazy roommates. But let's get real here- What is a 22 month old going to do when mom is fuming silently about a mess a he just made. To him it's not a mess! So as I was wandering thru my house- (which I feel I keep pretty darn clean) i just had to laugh because g money likes to take things out of their proper place and put them wherever. When I find them- i promptly put them back where they belong. And that is what we- he and I do all day. Crazy as it seems, for some reason doesn't bother me one bit.
Another thing this miniature person I have with me at all times is helping me overcome us, my hatred and loathing for. Chewing noises. My switch gets flipped so fast when it comes to people who make nasty noise with their mouths-whether they be chewing food, gum, cud or even speaking from a pulpit making horrific noises with their spit, it is something i simply cannot handle. However when the little guy is making obscene sounds with his mouth , i not only can handle it, it makes me giggle and i think its funny!? What the double standard?! So i am wondering, is this the little roommate heavenly father sent me that I've been needing all along to help me cope with my crazy psycho brain things ?
Probably.
Pet peeves.... Gotta love em.
Oh wait. One more thing. Speaking of roommates tho I must disclaim that Stevo is generally pretty darn clean. So that makes it nice. Real nice



Your house is awesome!!! More pictures or a home tour, please!
ReplyDeletehaha, well don't drop by on a surprise visit for me then, I used to try to keep all the toys cleaned up all day but that was long ago! :) At least it's clean UNDER all the toys right!? :)
ReplyDeleteI think I passed those traits on to you. Or maybe just got them first. Sorry about that. And I'm not funnier or prettier than you and people THINK you are older than I am. Something about being a mom or something... Or you a re just more mature. And actually, I think those are really cute things about the Mister too! His mouth noises crack me up! But I'm sure they won't when he's 13.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE your house!!
ReplyDeleteI always told my kids that cleanliness is next to Godliness and that I just wanted to be able to have a sweeter feeling in our home and that it couldn't happen if everything was in a mess. I totally understand your cleanliness "issues". I like them.
ReplyDelete