Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Latest of the Funny Things

So lately a lot of funny things have been happening ...

Mothers day we were at My grandma T's house just visiting and i was sitting next to the beloved woman. she looks at me and says- "how much weight have you gained?" I told her about 18 pounds. and she replies- "oh dont gain anymore. you really shouldnt gain any more weight". good advice! for some reason i just thought it was hilarious for her to tell that to a pregnant woman. from what i have heard that is the one acceptable time in your life TO gain some weight.
While holding and playing with my 3 year old nephew Zack he sticks his hands out and leans towards my chest. he pulls back with a confused look on his face and said, "do ya have two tummies?!?"

Mothers day we all went to church together at Rich and Joannes ward and I walked home with Zacks hand in mine and I said- Zack you are my friend, long pause-Am I your friend? and he said- "no. you are a grown up." apparently kids and "grown ups" cant be friends

Zack had just gotten up from his nap and said to me- "Lana- when Im big, and 5 i will carry you upstairs for your nap" he'd better start lifting lots and lots of weights

At a baby shower for a family friend, Amanda and i were leaving and right behind me was a little 2 year old girl walkin right in the path way of my swinging arms- somehow my two fingers hooked right into her eyeballs. she looked up at me a little dazed and confused-but didnt cry or anything... and of course i was freaking out apologizing and what not- (kind of laughing at the odds of that happening) the mom looks at me smiling and says- "oh dont worry, im not one of those kinds of moms who freak out if you poke her childs eyes out"

Steve just bought a sweet finish nail gun, and he took it out and was looking at it making sure everything worked and all the parts were there- well there is a latch that you open to un-jam the nails if it jams... well steve thought that was the coolest feature- until he tried opening it. it was a bit harder than he anticipated- so he put the gun in between his legs and started prying it open- it took all his might. (well not all his might cuz he has big muscles) but it sure took a lot of force. anyway as he went to shut the latch- it snapped down right on his nipple! i wasnt there to witness but he said he screamed pretty loud and couldnt get the latch open for a good 5-10 seconds. not his favorite feeling in the world im sure. he called me to tell me what had happened, and being the sympatethic wife that i am- i started crying i was laughing so hard.

a couple of weeks ago while steve was still in school- he would wake up before me and get ready in the dark, well all day he thought "something didnt feel quite right" at some point during the day during one of his breaks between classes he had to go to the bathroom. and if you are a boy and your underwear is on backwards- there is no peaker hole. after a min or so of trying to figure out just what was wrong he went in and realized he had put his bottom garments on backwards. moral of the story- dont get dressed in the dark.

My dad is out of town this week and steve is running Pioneer Roofing Company for him, he was out running errands and had a ladder on the ladder rack. Steve had to go to a job site and pick up some tools left at the site. Well there was another ladder there he didnt know was there with nothing to tie it on with- rope, wire, extension cords... nothin. There was a savers close by so Steve went and bought 3 belts for4 bucks and yes belted the ladder on top of the other one. Steve has officially learned the John Stout way to do things.

And Last but not least- this didnt happen to me. but it was too funny not to tell. My sister in law Cristi has been wanting to buy her 3 year old son Zack (previously mentioned) a new belt. Well i love yard sales. and so does she- so she went with a friend last week to a huge one out in daybreak and found the perfect little belt for Zacky- but she wasnt quite sure if it would fit her three year old... so she looks at the lady selling it and asks her to try the belt on her son (who looked similar in size to Z) the lady gave Cristi a really weird look and proceeded to put on the belt around her sons neck- Cristi was like (thought bubble) "why is she putting it around his ne... oh my gosh..." didnt even say anything and just walked away in embarrassment. apparently the Belt was originally made for dogs... to go around their necks. apparently the dog collar just wasnt meant to be for little Zacky.

im sure there are plenty of more laughs to come. these are just a few i thought i would document

3 comments:

  1. I knew I saw Steve!!! I told Paul sometime last week that I saw a gray Pioneer Roofing truck on the freeway as I was coming home, but it wasn't John driving, and I said "it kinda looked like Steve." Now I know I'm not crazy. haha. That's funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA I love this post! I had tears I was laughing so hard while reading this!

    ReplyDelete