When I was in high school, I fell asleep at the wheel and rolled my brand new (to me) 4 runner. As I was laying upside down in my car- I called my mom, craig, the house phone,my dad, linda mom, the business line, the personal phone line at their house not one answer. Finally I called my brother Spencer at work - and asked him why the crap no one will answer their phones! anyway- that is exactly what happened to me yesterday... why is it that when something is really important no one will ever pick up???
Well yesterday was somewhat of an eventful day. I went in to work like normal, and my ankles, legs and feet (cankles if you will) have been the size of texas. So I thought I would call my dr.s office to see if there was anything that I could do for them. The nurse called me back to tell me to drink more water- and to elevate my feet ( I drink a gallon of water every day at work alone, and my feet are almost always propped up). So I thought I would have one of the nurses I work with check my Blood pressure just in case (preeclampsia/ toxemia) well it was pretty high, so I called the nurse back- and she told me to come in and get some tests run. I went in and sure enough my blood pressure was a crazy 150/100 which is dangerously high, my urine had protein in it, and my limbs were swollen to high heaven. All signs point to preeclampsia and toxemia. I sat in the nurses station waiting paitently for her to come back with what the doctor wanted me to do- she came back and said- Ms Nelson- please head straight to labor and delivery at such and such hospital immediately. I suddenly burst into tears, (i think my hormones are working) saying- “im not ready! I still need to vaccum one more time, and I didn’t even pack my hospital bag yet!” she said- "you will be just fine, im sure your husband can help with all of that." and we were off. So we got to the hospital and all the ladies were just as cute as can be, and saw my "cute" texan feet, and saw what my bp was and got me all excited. We are gunna have a baby tonight! Well after a few hours of being monitored, they thought it would be a good idea to send me- a high risk pregnancy with a bp that high- home, To have a little bed rest time, and to pee in a giant container for 24 hours…. THEN they would tell me what is going to happen. Right now I am on my bed rest, I don’t want to get my hopes up like I did last night- I was so excited that I was going to meet my little boy! Only to have our dreams dashed to the wind. Well not completely. We will see him within the next several days regardless of what happens tonight. But still. Lessons on patience make me crazy…..
Stevey has been so dang cute, and is such a good caretaker, I really need to take lessons from him on how to take care of an invalid. He has been right there to my every beckon call. I love him so much and don’t know what I would do without him. He was so sad yesterday (well- and mad) that we didn’t get to stay at the hospital last night and meet the little man, he is so excited to meet his little boy. Soon enough I spose. Soon enough.
I know! It's CA-RASY! I can't wait to mee the little guy too! Do you need a mason jar yet?
ReplyDeletegood luck, good luck! everything is going to go just as planned!! xo.
ReplyDeleteI had the same thing happen to me when I was prego with Nash. I had to do the pee in a bottle thing like 4 times. What a bummer! The bed rest sucks, but live it up while you can. No sleep is in the horizon.
ReplyDeleteOH MY GOSH! I'll be thinking of you! So excited for you guys :)
ReplyDeletealanny!! my mom sent me a text yesterday that said "alana's in hospital with preclampsia, that's all i know" and i have been FREAKING out, checking your facebook and blog like 80 times a day to see what the heck was going on! so what does this mean, they don't have to take the baby early? i guess that is good news though! the longer he stays in, the better. i know that's the last thing you want to hear though right now! i feel for you though hunny! i went so over my due date they had to induce me! you can see the finish line! we can't wait to see the little man too! hope all goes well! i love you and i miss you!!! give steve-o a squeeze for me!
ReplyDeleteI can totally sympathize with you on the bed rest and preeclampsia/ toxemia stuff! I was there at 27 weeks and thought I would go nuts! Ps and I totally know what the peeing in the huge container for 24 hours is like lol. It was an orange container and in the fridge. The big joke was don't drink the tainted orange juice! I was so embarassed I think Brian carried it in the Dr's office when I took it back lol. Thats when you know its love, when your hubby carries the huge container of your urine lol. Thank goodness you are getting really close though :) Hopefully he will decide to make his debut early!! I will cross my fingers for you!!!
ReplyDelete