
Have you ever started a project you hoped would be fairly easy and like 5 minutes into it you thought -Wow. This is definitely a lot harder than I thought? yeah that is how I am feeling. not even 20 minutes into it, I was crying right along with him- from the other room of coures. I dont like to hear my sweet little man cry and purposely not go comfort him. However, on the other hand - I really think it is important for babies to be able to soothe themselves. I dont want to cripple my baby by not letting him learn things (easy or hard) by himself. G has been a great sleeper and napper from the get go. I put him on a schedule and he would follow it to a T. He is a very predictible baby- which has been amazing. By a good sleeper let me explain-Never fussed when I put him down to sleep, He would fall right back asleep after the night feeding and not wake up til 6 or 7. Then as he was gettin a little older- I tried a few things- and he started sleeping through the night for reals. By this I mean- from like 830 pm until 7 am. The only thing that would happen is - his bink would fall out-he'd call out for me and I would have to get up and go into his room and put it back in. This would happen any where from 3-5 times in a night. Well in the last month, he has been waking up 30 minutes into his nap EVERYTIME without fail. When he wakes up half an hour into his nap- he wont go back to sleep without being rocked and held. Most people probably think I am a nutcase for changing anything- I'm sure most people would die(figuratively of course) to have a baby that sleeps through the night and all they have to do is stick a binky in the kids mouth a few times through the night. But I have heard many things from both sides to do or not to do the cry it out. I dont want to be the only person that can soothe him, and get him to sleep. It is important to me that he is able to adapt to situations with different people. And from what I have heard the younger you start kids on stuff- the better they adapt. The less habits you have to break the better. And when they are young they forget and forgive a little easier. Because I'm a first timer- Yeah I am a little nervous. and based on my reactions the first time-this is going to be a tough one. But I do believe this works miracles-So many people believe it- and So will I. I think. I will keep you posted on my progress. oh and his of course.
I cried right along with Zack when I did it! I finally got to the point where I'd leave Trent home with him and run to the store or something so I didn't have to listen, it's complete torture to a mom! He'll get it figured out soon I'm sure!
ReplyDelete