Thursday, October 28, 2010

Laughter is the best medicine.

So today was one of those days- we all have em. I just feel like, for some reason, I tend to have them on a more regular basis than say, the average Joe. Well, for one my name isnt Joe- maybe thats why. On with the story- G was havin a rough day- he refused to sleep through his whole morning nap- so from 9:45 til 1:30 he was a inconsolable. Naturally we went for a walk to the grocery store, hoping he would calm down. Not a chance. Still crying once we got to the store- I took him out of the stroller, (I'm a mom now and that means you are good at multi tasking right? well- again let me remind you- my name aint Joe.) and proceeded to carry G doing the whole bounce and sway bit, push the stroller, and get groceries. We might have ran into a few bags of chips sending them down the aisle, and witnessed a few packages of pampers takin a dive off their respective shelves. Guess I've got a ways to go to be a "mom". Anyway- on the way home guess who got to push the stroller while holding a crying baby the whole mile home- thats right. yours truly. At least my arms will be super tough- hes turning into quite the chunk. However, tough arms and all, I may have started get a little frustrated because nothing I could do would calm him. Finally- 1:30 rolls around and it was quiet! for 2 whole hours! (his naps usually go from 9-11 and 12:30 -3.) but hey-today i'll take it. During that 2 hours I decided I would make some cookies. Bad idea,Still a little flustered, I found myself dropping stuff and spilling stuff all over the place, I have the worst OCD's when im cooking- so that made me pretty mad. As I was pushing the button to disconnect the beaters, I accidentally pushed the button forward instead of in,to full speed ahead-not losing my cool at all I calmly decided it wasnt such a bad thing to have pumpkin painted cabinets and flooring. Once the cookies were in the oven I decided to "take a breather" to calm down- as I was taking a drink from my water bottle - the lid popped off and sent a liter of water down my front. seriously? still somehow controlled my furious rage that was threatening to send fire out my eyes. Last but not least- it is laundry day, so I'm changing it out, and as I'm unloading the dryer- my arms are full and a sock fell out- so I lean down to pick it up and 3 more drop. repeat, repeat, yes repeat once more.Getting more and more furious each time I leaned down- I finally just chucked the whole armful . I dare you to act like you've never done such a grown up thing. Perfect. The baby was somehow still sleeping so I decided I needed to lay on the bed and was out for an hour! Bliss
When G woke up, he was pleasant as can be- and this

is what made today all in all seriously a GREAT day. apparently he thinks its hilarious to have socks hit him in the face. what a weird kid.

1 comment:

  1. It just gets better :) Within 10 minutes of being awake while I was in the other room Addy pulled an egg out and dropped it on the floor (that was mopped the night before) had 2 pots in the living room one with her barbie "cooking" in it. My heels on and 10 dvd's out of the cabinet. She has hit destructo stage and I'm not very patient with it. Your a better gal than me because when I made a shake the other day and it spilled all down my clothes 10 minutes before church I'm pretty sure I didn't keep my cool!

    ReplyDelete