Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Chubbas is One!

12 months
Don't worry..... I already know I'm the worlds worst cropper/collage maker. It is amazing to see how much he has changed in one year. Usually doctors will classify babies as "healthy" if they have tripled their birth weight by 1 year. This little giblet has quadrupled his! He is a whopping 24 pounds (70th% for his age) and has also grown 11 inches (99th% for his age)! Can you imagine what you would look like if you grew 11 inches and quadrupled your weight?? yikes.

Wow. Time really does fly by as you get older . It seems like just yesterday but no- its really been one year ago today (June 24th), we welcomed this little guy into our lives. We are soo grateful he is ours, he is healthy and as happy as he is. He is the most pleasant, sweet, kissable, fun, goofy, tender little man you will ever meet. One thing that never ceases to amaze me about him is that he is so easy going, he just rolls with it. Any where we go I am always getting stopped by people telling me/him how handsome, cute, and friendly he is. Costco is his favorite store not only does he thoroughly enjoy the taste tests but, older women and men are always googling over him. He eats this right up and always flashes his sweet smile and will chatter right back with them.
He has started crawling and walking all in the same month, has 7- almost 9 teeth, jabbers all day long, says momma, dadda, gaga (gramma) b-bah and  gu-gah!( grampa)always emphatically hence the exclamation, and he says Dog, he loves dogs, especially his big stuffed one- but also tries to call a few other things dog or "gog"
We had family and a few close friends come over for a barbecue. I made some cute little animal cupcakes- lions, tigers and monkeys.
Gabe's cake was a monkey and he loved it.

We dont give him sweets hardly- but when he gets something he likes he says "mmmmmm". As you can see in the collage, he was patiently waiting and when it came he squeeled with delight. I had to put his finger in it and let him try some before he knew it was alright. Then he dug in and THOROUGHLY enjoyed and endulged himself. As he was eating he he kept saying it over and over, I think the cake was a hit :) He got a few awesome gifts from adoring aunties and uncles and Grandparents. Thank you all so much!
Gabey- Happy 1st Birthday! We love you so much.
I love this picture of his cheesy smile. He has been doin this alot lately.

2 comments:

  1. what adorable cupcakes! looks like a fun birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet little guy!! I cannot believe he is one already! And those cupcakes are darling. You little baker you!!!

    ReplyDelete