For those of you who may not know- DIY stands for Do It Yourself. A thing I have come to know very well.
This is sort of a graphic story so just giving you fair warning. If you have the stomach of a light weight. I suggest you stop right here.
Meet pointy. My finger.
Pointy has had a growth at the tip ever since I got pregnant with little tyke. Apparently when pregnancy hits- your immune system kinda goes wack- or dormant or something and so underlying viruses come out to say hello. Well this growth may be better know as a nasty little bugger called a /gasp/ wart. Seeing as how I worked in a Dr.'s office-and they liked me, they gave me free treatments for said growth. After about 5-6 times in 5-6 months of being burned/frozen to bits the blasted little devil decided to lay low- but not go away. I stopped working at the office to be a mom, and so my free treatments stopped. I decided it was time to get it taken care of one more time. So after paying for this visit, I told the dr to hold the freezy sprayer thing on for what seemed like forever. When my finger fell off I told him he could stop. Just kidding- but he zapped that thing good. It hurt like the dickens and I thought for sure he was toast. No. He's a survivor. He should win an award or something for being able to handle such persecution. Low and behold he just kept comin back. So I bought the DIY treatment freezer cans from Smith's market fresh everyday- Smiths and about every 2 weeks had to keep him in check. A year and a half later- after doing that I had had it.I was done. done. done. Wednesday night after helping husband with some homework, I told him I needed some help. (So I guess this post should be called DIY With Your Husbands Help Surgery.) The only thing I could think of that would help dull the pain was the babes' anbesol- a numbing agent for teething. If it works on gums it should work on Pointy right? We grabbed our tools which consisted of tweezers, a razor blade,some make shift digging pliers and some matches to cotorize since these things tend to flow like a river. And the surgery began. I won't go into all the gory details, but lets just say-thanks for nothing Anbesol, and have you ever tried to put a burning hot match onto something that is already in a lot of pain? Laughing is for some strange reason my reaction to good amounts of pain, lets just say it probably sounded more like the funniest thing in the world was going on in our makeshift O.R. (operating room) mixed with a lot of (since I'm trying not to swear) "holy shoot" words....
Well, the saddest thing about this whole experience is- we didnt even get all of him. So in about two weeks, I'm sure he will be back with a vengence. In which case I will go in to the Dr. for some Real surgery to get rid of him once and for all. I'm hoping it will be the best 20 dollar co-pay of my life. For now tho- Pointy now has a crater, and is pretty tender.
Moral of the story. Anebsol-aka Orajel really should be used AS directed.
note:2 days after surgery and after being bundled in a bandage 
hahah I am only laughing because I've heard your pain laugh before and it's quite confusing!
ReplyDeletewow!! your brave!! The same thing happened to me, and i was done done done. but i couldn't DIY surgery, i resorted to prayer instead, then he finally died!
ReplyDeleteoh my gosh Alana, OUCH!!!!! gutsy girl. I can't believe you were able to do that, I would have cried.
ReplyDelete