Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Awesome-ness

I received my endowments here November 15, 2008

Salt Lake Temple, this is where we were married

So Steve and I have made it a goal to go to the temple at least once a month, and also to do some sort of ordinance work every Utah temple before our one year anniversary. So far we are doin pretty good. The month of august was kind of a bust tho, since my health would not permit any such work. But This last weekend I was feeling awesome, so we decided we better take the chance once we had it. We went to the Draper temple on friday night and did Sealings with my mom Linda and with my sister Amanda. Can I just tell you how awesome it is to refresh your memory of the blessings we receive in the temple? What a wonderful evening that was to just sit and enjoy the peace and solidarity there. It was really interesting because usually in the temple I feel somewhat rushed to get in and get out- they are trying to just get the work done, ya know? But this time it was awesome because the Sealer was once a temple president and decided he would take the time to teach us and ask us questions and help us see new insight and perspective. He realized the importance of the work we were doing, but also recognized the need to have further understanding and enlightenment. It was such a neat experience, and to him I am grateful for taking the extra time to make my experience so wonderful. The next day we went to the Oquirrh Mountain temple with our wonderful other mother, Joanne, and brother and sister in law, Trent and Cristi. We tried to do a session there, but to my dismay, we got there and they told us that it was a Spanish session and that we would have to come back in an hour, or we could do inititories. So we did that, and all the workers there are of course new, because it is a new temple, but all the little ladies were so darn cute. Anyway to top off a great weekend, Steve and I went to our new ward and can I just tell you how awesome it was to go to sunday school and have an awesome lesson? It seems like it has been such a long time since I have been to a good one.... Anyway the lesson was on the blessings of being sealed in the Temple. What a perfect precurser to the lesson this weekend was. I cannot tell you how grateful I am to have those blessings and to know the things that I do. I have so much to learn, but I am excited to learn more and more about the temple blessings and promises. The gospel really does cause happiness. How can you not be happy when you know the truth!?


here are the temples we have visited so far, hopefully we will be able to make it to the last few in the next 3 1/2 months! We still have the Monticello, Logan, Manti, Vernal, and Provo.

July 2, 2009 our 6 month anniversary
Ogden Temple (looks kinda like the provo temple huh :))
Jordan River Temple
Bountiful Temple
June 2009

St George Temple
Memorial day weekend may 22, 2009

Draper Temple
my face really isnt always this wide. Its the meds that make me have such a beautiful "moon face"

Oquirrh Mountain Temple Saturday September 12, 2009


Better view of the Draper Temple
Friday September 11, 2009







2 comments:

  1. awww... what a wonderful goal you guys are working towards! I can't believe you've almost been married a whole year! crazy. good luck in getting those last few temples done before january. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome babe.
    good work.
    its lookin sweet.

    ReplyDelete