Ok, so ever since junior high or maybe even before, I have had a nasty habit of eating foods that are slightly on the verge of being not so good, or well full blown, clearly past their expiration date. For some reason I cant stand the thought of letting food go to waste. I think I got that lovely attribute from my Lindamom. Not that she eats rotten food, but just that we don’t waste anything, most of all food. Well I remember in the 7th or 8th grade I somehow managed to eat an entire turkey sandwich that was, lets just say- not within the limits of the expiration date. Unbeknownst to me, Amanda so willingly let me know that, yes the turkey was green, and yes the bread had spots of mold on it. How I finished that sandwich without the slightest knowledge of any of this, I will never know. My stomach, I guess you could say is strong. On other occasions, I will have a bowl of cereal and pour the milk in, take my first bite and realize the milk has turned, most the time I wont finish it, and end up just being upset that the milk just ruined my breakfast. Or if I’m feeling rather brave, I will just finish it (depending on the sourness) just to prove to the milk that I wasn’t going to let him ruin my morning. And yes, the milk is masculine. I look forward to eating cereal all day long, and when I wake up in the morning, I am so excited because I get to eat cereal. I love love love cereal, it is one of my favorite foods. I guess you could consider it a staple in my diet, so that is why a little bit of bad milk could, indeed- RUIN my morning.
Well, the other day, I decided for lunch I was going to have a tomato sandwich for lunch, so I packed the essentials and realized I had sour cream in the fridge at work. Perfect. Well I cut up the tomato, pulled out my bread, and opened the container of sour cream. Yep there was a little spot of mold. So I scooped the moldy part out and spread it all over my bread. Everyone knows that you can scrape off mold and the rest is fine (kinda like cheese) well, to my dismay, lets just say the sandwich was less than mediocre. My trusty stomach failed me, for the first time in my whole career of eating past due food. Yes I finished choking down the sandwich. Don’t ask why I ate the whole thing when it tasted like a rusty nail on wonder bread. Moral of the story- tomatoes do NOT taste good coming back the way they went in.
That turkey really was green. I guess you could say it is somewhat my fault for leaving bad stuff in the fridge for you to find since your sniffer doesn't tell you to back away...
ReplyDeleteDon't ever let Trent read this post, he'd die! He won't even have the last bit of milk from the carton cause he's sure if it's the end of the carton it must have gone bad already. hehe
ReplyDeleteP.S. I totally threw up this morning (only second time this pregnancy so I'm doing good so far) but Zack made fun of me the whole morning, it was so funny. He'd start to gag and then laugh his head off. At least I had a cheerleader, too bad he wasn't there for your experience! :)
yuck..Sorry Alana- that is no bueno dude... I ate a tomatoe that was really ripe- but had not turned yet and i feel sick...so....yea.. i can sort of relate :) " Milk is Masculine."
ReplyDeleteoh my gosh. i think dallin wishes i would eat past due food, but if there is the tiniest bit of questionableness on it, it goes bye bye
ReplyDeleteI love this post. haha you freaking crack me up. The best part of your posts is that i can hear your voice and inflection perfectly as you tell the story
ReplyDelete